Food for Thought

I have been a single mom for the past 11 years so if it’s not quick and easy I’m not making it and if it’s not delicious, I’m definitely not eating it nor feeding it to my 3 boys.  With all the wonderful ingredients we have access to, there is no reason to make or eat food we don’t like.  I sometimes wonder how anyone might be inclined to eat healthy food if they grew up with, “so what if you don’t like it / who cares if it’s not good, it’s good for you”.  If that doesn’t create an aversion to healthy food, I don’t know what would.  So, yes, taste is very important to me. 

We need to change our attitude when serving vegetables to our kids.  Stop sounding like you are punishing them by making them eat vegetables…. “you better eat your vegetables”.   Instead, let’s learn to present food that is good for you in a manner that is appealing and yes, even tempting. 

Comments

Vanessa said…
I will definitely i have to try some of these out and i will get back to you!

Popular Posts