Hummus and Tabbouleh....the absolute best combination! ....la mejor combinación!


I laughed at myself today because I went to my own blog for the recipes for the hummus and tabbouleh I wanted to make.  Use the search function to find it easily.

Oh and by the way, it took me 20 minutes to make both!
Me reí de mi yo sola porque fui a mi propio blog para buscar la receta para el hummus y el tabbouleh que quería hacer.  Usa el botón de “search” para encontrar la receta facil.

Ah, y por cierto, me tomo 20 minutos hacer las dos recetas!


I got this recipe from the owner of the local Mediterranean store- Crossroads International.  It’s absolutely perfect!  And a great way to get those legumes in.  Make a pita sandwich with  hummus and tabbouleh.

Hummus

                      
1.  Place the following in a food processor and blend until
     very smooth:
  • 1 can garbanzos, drained
  • ½  cup Tahini (sesame seed butter)
  • 2 lemons, juiced
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ½  teaspoon cumin
  • ¼ cup water

2.  Serve in a shallow platter with pita bread.
Esta receta me la dio la dueña de la tienda Crossroads International donde venden comida mediterránea.  Esta perfecta! Y es otra manera de comer legumbres.  Se hace un sandwich con pan pita, hummus y tabule.

Hummus


1.  Poner los siguientes ingredientes en una procesesadora  y prender hasta que este cremoso:
  • 1 lata de garbanzos, escurridos
  • ½  taza de Tahini (mantequilla de ajonjolí)
  • 2 limones, el jugo
  • 1 diente de ajo
  • 1 cucharadita de sal
  • ½  cucharadita de cominos
  • ¼ taza de agua
 2.  Se sirve en un molde que no sea hondo con pan pita.


Comments

Popular Posts